Vastmark is the western principality in the kingdom of Shand. Although principalities do not have static borders, the general location is bounded to the northwest by Rockbay Harbor, and to the south by the South Sea. The region is highly mountainous with treacherously faulted shale, and not served by trade roads, taverns, or post stables. Vastmark is loneliest sweep of land on the continent, and is inhabited by nomadic shepherds and wyverns. The region endures large amounts of rain, which is said to put lustrous coats on the sheep. The southwestern coast of Vastmark (around the Cascain Islands) is known for shipwrecks.
The sigil of Vastmark is a black-on-gray wyvern.
- Firstmark: This city has not yet played a role in the events of the story.
- Forthmark: City on the River Ippash with a strong Koriani presence.
- Ithish: Port city where Vastmark wool is shipped from.
- Thirdmark: Port city on the Rockbay Harbor.
- An unnamed ruin appears on the map near the Cascain Islands.
- Rockbay Harbor
- The Havens
- South Strait
- Cascain Islands
- Kelhorn Mountains
- Dier Kenton Vale
- River Ippash
- Unnamed river flowing out of the Kelhorn Mountains towards Methlas Lake
- Unnamed Road: Crosses the entire principality from north to south, touching all four cities and eventually going to Innish.
- Unnamed Road: Splits off from the main road near Firstmark and goes to Ganish.
Vastmark on the Interactive Map