Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Spoiler warning: Contains plot elements from Traitor's Knot.|
Sidir's clan lineage possesses the true talent for insight.
Role in the Story
|Spoiler warning: Contains plot elements from multiple books in the series.|
- Sidir is first mentioned by name in Third Age 5670. He is a part of the war band under Earl Jieret that tries to rescue Arithon at Ithamon. He is by Jieret's side when the land of Rathain resounds in appeal for Arithon's plight. Recognizing that most of his war band will not survive, Jieret sends Sidir back to Halwythwood so the Companion can offer guidance to Jeynsa. Sidir arries home on the eve of the Spring Equinox and reports to Jeynsa that Jieret probably did not survive.
- When Braggen returns to Halwythwood in the summer of Third Age 5670, Sidir is present at the meeting between him, Eriegal, and Feithan. It is revealed that Sidir was one of the Companions who accompanied Arithon in Vastmark.
- In Third Age 5671, Eriegal, Sidir, and Braggen ride to Caith-al-Caen to welcome Arithon. Sidir stays in the lodge tent with Feithan during the rejected guest oath between Jeynsa and Arithon and also supports Arithon after Barach's oath of fealty. After Arithon succumbs to brandy, Sidir gives him and Elaira privacy for recovery.
- Sidir overhears a fragment of prescience the next day from a drunken Dakar, who predicts the birth of a baby girl from Arithon and Elaira. Sidir orders Dakar to take tienelle in order to locate the couple. When Dakar reveals that Arithon has invoked his sovereign tie to the land for privacy, Sidir urges Dakar to request Fellowship assistance. When the couple are located, Sidir retreats, contrite at his efforts to invade their privacy.
- A conversation between Braggen, Barach, Sidir, and Dakar is overheard by Jeynsa, who draws her own conclusions about their discussion of necromancy in Etarra.
- Sidir and Braggen are the same height.