Isfarenn is the Name of Asandir's black stallion in Alliance of Light. The relationship between Asandir and Isfarenn is characterized by free-spirited partnership, and Isfarenn freely shares his strength on long overland journeys or during acts of magecraft.
Role in the Story
|Spoiler warning: Contains plot elements from multiple books in the series.|
- Isfarenn is first mentioned by name when Asandir returns to Althain Tower after stabilizing a grimward. He is granted access to Althain Tower's stables once the Paravian wards have confirmed that the horse has not suffered thoughtless harm in Asandir's care.
- When preparing to travel to Haspastion's grimward, Asandir notes that Isfarenn will keep him safe while crossing Mirthlvain Swamp.
- While Asandir and Isfarenn are inside of a grimward, Isfarenn's successor is birthed by the drifters in Tysan.
- Asandir's work in the grimward is interrupted when Isfarenn nears the end of her life. He resolves to return her to Athera rather than lose her in the grimward.
- Isfarenn's successor is gifted to Althain Tower by the drifters.
- With Seshkrozchiel stabilizing his surroundings, Asandir is able to grant Isfarenn's spirit a natural release from the grimward into death.